The Instapot was one of my favorite kitchen purchases that we have purchased so far. It cooks meals that traditionally take all day in an hour with flavor that can’t be beat. When you cook meat it’s so incredibly tender that it pulls apart with a fork.
With a a quick trip to Aldi (a genuinely great place to find an awesome deal on basic groceries, the best gluten free items and fun rotating seasonal items) I was able to buy everything for dinner for under $20. This is one of my go to comfort meals that I can make in an hour an a half after work. Keeping our food budget under control is always important so we can save for other things like our upcoming wedding.
This is recipe for Pot Roast is simple full of flavor and has only a few ingredients. The true and real trick to this recipe is in its simplicity and it’s hearty, filling nature makes it the perfect now quick and easy home cooked meal for fall. I personally use the 6 quart Instantpot and it’s the perfect size for this recipe as well as all of my other favorites, for under $100 it’s a great steal to cool awesome meals at home!
2.5 lbs Beef Chuck Roast
1 bag of Heirloom Variety Fingerling Potatoes
1 Large bag of Baby Carrots
1 carton of Beef Broth
3 Cloves of Garlic Diced
1 can of Tomato Paste
- Season the Beef with pepper (the broth will add enough salt)
- Start by browning the Beef using the Sauté setting, one cycle per side of the meat.
- Next add the cloves of garlic and can of tomato paste on top of the meat
- Add the entire box of broth
- Set the Instantpot to Hugh pressure and to cook for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Clean and wash the Potatoes and Carrots and set to the side
7. Once the pot has finished cooking the meat release the pressure.
8. Add the veggies and restart the pot for 4 minutes (if you toss them in sooner they will turn to mush.
9. Serve and enjoy! (I personally love adding Dijon mustard to my carrots and potatoes)
I hope you enjoy this delicious fall apart and flavorful pot roast as a fall staple as much as we do! It’s the perfect hearty meal for even the chilliest of nights!