I’m pretty much in love with super classic looks and the amazing shapes they create. Were gonna go fairly basic in our body types for this article as the shapes are fairly simple. I will say the shapes for these dresses can be applied to skirt shapes as well! Lets break down the dresses and why they are great for each body type.
1) The high neck style of this dress is well suited for a smaller chested woman. The sloping is going to accentuate the girls you have and give amazing curves. This is also just a style that is less than flattering on larger chested women (it creates a giant uniboob slope that you could ski down which is no ones friend), my small chested friends ROCK THAT HIGH NECK!
2) This contrasting and extremely defined waist will create a beautifully defined waist, once again creating curves. Tricking the eye to create a tiny waist is one of the easiest ways to create curves. The contrasting color really helps to make that accentuation pop.
3) The straight hip hugging style of this skirt is going to create an amazing illusion of an hour glass shape in the hip area. This is a great shape also for hour glass figures to really hug your curves.
This second wiggle dress is perfect for an hourglass figure. This style is going to accentuate every curve and keep the curves looking proportionate and all of us feeling as sultry as Joan Harris from Mad Men. This dress would be fantastic for an athletic figure or very lean body as well.
1) The V- neck on this dress is perfect to open up the face and is so flattering on a larger chest while still being covered. The bow is just a nice detail to keep the dress interesting. Its also going to separate the girls and the nice wide strap will give the option of a great bra to keep the girls supported as well.
2) The waist is so well defined which will make it look nipped in and so TINY! The distinct line of the colors really defines the waist.
3) Color blocking is a great trick to direct the eye where you want it, by putting white on top it pulls the eye up to the top. This is going to keep anyone from looking to bottom heavy (which i think everyone wants to avoid, I know I do!) and keep it ALL CURVES!
4)The shape of this skirt is the perfect pencil skirt, it hugs every last curve giving that bombshell look and feel and hugs the booty! It accentuates every last curve. This shape is also amazing in a skirt for an hourglass body shape.
This dress is available here for purchase
1) The v-neck once again keeps the face open, and it gives great separation to the girls, The wide strap also gives the option for a great bra to lift and great a great bust line. Overall its just a great flattering neckline.
2) The rouched bust on this dress creates the illusion of a larger bust which will balance out a larger hip area and it gives the dress so much extra interest. Its a really fun vintage detail.
3) The defined waist will make your waist look so tiny and much smaller than a non defined waist. Its really making this dress so incredibly flattering!
4) The skirt on this dress floats away from the body which hides a fuller hip area. The eye will not know the difference between hip and skirt and will just assume its skirt. This tricks the eye into seeing an hourglass figure.
This dress is perfect for an apple shaped figure. This is overall a fairly universally flattering dress with a very high waist point but should be avoided by those with a large bust size. The fun thing about this is it can be worn as either a halter or a two strap dress. It gives you multiple options as to how to wear it.
1) The v-neck is very deep on this dress so its going to be amazing for anyone with a smaller bust (rock that deep v girls!) its gonna really draw fabulous attention to your face and I still love the fact that this dress can be worn two different ways.
2) The empire waist is so great for an apple shaped figure. The high waist definition is amazing for anyone not comfortable with their stomach area. This will draw the eye to the high waist and create an amazing tiny waist. Under the bust is the smallest part of your waist.
3) Then floating the skirt away from this point is going to create an incredibly flattering shape. This is going to hide any fullness you are not comfortable with and trick the eye into thinking its just skirt and not anything you are wanting to hide. Its a simple trick to make anyone look and feel their best.
I hope you find some dress shapes that will help you to look and feel your best with a fun vintage twist.